[Author's Note: Europeans use A LOT of emoticons online, a habit which I seem to have picked up. I apologize to any offended parties.]
That night I celebrated the end of work by going out. Some assistant girls came over for hookah and chatting and we headed to Pym's around 12h30 for dancing! The music was great in 2/3 of the rooms, but we mostly stuck to the rap/R&B/salsa floor :) They wanted to leave by 2:20 because of tiredness, so I had to go home still bursting with dance energy! Oh well, I'll party in Paris soon!
Saturday was the greatest day! Katherine came at 9am, and we spent the day: marketing for mini-muffins, eating galette saucisse for breakfast, sitting outside at Haricot Rouge for an almond latte, shopping (black strappy heels! and cute mugs withcartoon kittens that say, "Je retombe amoureuse tous les matins [I fall in love again every morning]"!), and eating bread/cheese/fig jam/saucisse sèche/strawberries for lunch :) It was 79 F out!!! I think every human being in Rennes was outside on the streets shopping and/or eating today.
| Cutest purchase EVER! |
Katherine wanted cute French placemats to take home, so we checked all the kitchen stores in town and got adorable ones. Back at my apartment, we had quiet time for reading/napping. Afterwards, we rivived ourselves with an evening coffee and snacking on baguettes while listening to the guitar guy outside playing songs like "Umbrella," "Wonderwall," and "Take Me Home Coutry Roads" in a slight French accent. It's so warm here, and I have no air conditioning so the windows are constantly open to the breeze.
And what I am assuming is the last big assistants party took place Saturday night chez Tara of New Jersey. I went over around 9:30 and was home around midnight. There was a mix of English, French, and Spanish conversations going on with some assistants I hadn't seen in months and some I had never met at all! Unfortunately, my night was dampened by a drunk man passed out in my building's hallway... He was gone in the morning, but I was still creeped out :/
On Eater Sunday, Katherine came back over for a food marathon. We started the day with a brunch of scrambled eggs with lardons, onions and cheese, and mimosas, serenaded by Michael Buble. We had also bought festive chocolates in bunny and bell forms because in France, it is flying bells that deliver the candy to kids--delicious and purchased 2 for 1 ;)
| Easter brunch :) |
| Easter chocolates! Miam! |
After coffee, we went for a stroll in the park in sundresses and our new heels^^, and I took tons of artsy flower phots (see my Rennes Spring 2011 album!). We spent the late afternoon watching 10 Things I Hate About You (the movie) online and dozing until dinner. For the grande finale of Easter, we went to an Indian restaurant and ordered lamb dishes, miam miam! We were stuffed full and ended up in pjs to watch Disney's Beauty and the Beast. It was a lovely, relaxing day :)
You ate Indian food for Easter? Moi aussi--je te jure! What a coincidence!
ReplyDeleteTold you I'd comment. :)