Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hanging out

Bonjour, y’all!

My parents have passed on your compliments, so thank you very much for reading and enjoying my blog :)

I last posted yesterday afternoon. That evening, PA and I rounded up some assistants downtown to go to a bar and play some pool. French pool has smaller balls and uses only red and yellow balls plus the black 8. It’s a random difference, I know… PA and I got to hang out with Seth, Berit, Nicholas, Georgia, and Julien (who actually French and works as a moniter in a school while studying to be a geography teacher). I prefer these smaller, intimate groups for getting to know people rather than the 20+ person mess of Saturday night. It was a good group and a good mix of French and English. Julien told us about his trips to Senegal every summer; he was in the Scouts (Europeans have a ton of different Scouting organizations), and his group works in a village there. Pretty cool! PA and I got back to the apartment early and just hung out with Wajd and Philouze, our roomies, and a girl that was over. A relatively quiet but fun evening overall.

Today, I went to the school for two hours. Actually, today was another strike about the raising of the retirement age, so most professors, staff, and students were out on strike. Catherine wanted me to come in anyway to discuss my schedule and get some administrative things done. By the end of the week, I will have my timetable until Christmas holidays! I will start doing my small group classes tomorrow afternoon, and I even have a key to my classroom. Things are progressing.

I also got the keys to my apartment! My plan is to clean it up tomorrow and start moving things over bit by bit. Mostly, I need my bed, so I’ll arrange things with Julie on its transport tomorrow.

Since then, I’ve been in the apartment reading and getting emails and such done. I’m excited about fajitas for dinner, since Ma sent me a care package of flavors from home. I’m also supposed to hang out with Caely at some point, and watch How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men with Pierre-Antoine.

Oh, the exotic life of France!

No comments:

Post a Comment